Tuesday, October 24, 2006

oh my!

Continuing with my adventures in finding headlights for Stacy, I return a second set of headlights to WalMart. In my infinite wisdom I continue to believe that it is operator error, that maybe I'm retarded. So instead of getting angry at computer that told me Honda CRX - 9006 I decide to go to Autozone, that way I'm able to talk with a knowledgeable person in the field. Also, I'm able to take the merchandise out of the store to test without having to purchase it.
At Autozone I also bring in the old headlight to use as a comparsion, another genius idea! I explained my dilemma to the sales rep, which he was very understanding of. Typing in his nifty-difty computer he looks up what I need. 9006. OK, let's check the rack. Look, 9006. Compare to what I have in my hand. Nope. The plugs don't match. Huh. OK, let's check some of the others. Nope, nope, nope, nope. Yes! A match! 9005. Are you f***ing kidding me? Damn, so the computer was wrong! You'd think that someone would've caught this small error BEFORE now! Actually, no, I understand why. I have no idea who I'd call to rectify this problem.
I must remember not to go to Autozone when I'm sleep deprived, I started buying things that I didn't really need right now at this moment. For example, I bought wheel shine stuff, even though I won't be washing Stacy for a bit. Also purchased, windshield repair kit. Unfortunately it needs continuous heat which can't be provided in the cold.
The first snowfall here was kind of disappointing. Well, I consider it snowfall because white powder-like substance fell from the sky and landed on objects, then quickly melted away. It didn't even last an hour and it was gone.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

how can you rant when it's snowing? aww.

Dan said...

cuz it ain't really snowing. it feels cold enough. and if you haven't noticed. i can rant about anything all day long.