Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?

TV Land is doing great things. One of those things is making this list of the Top 100 catchphrases. "D'oh!" Almost all of them I recognize, not stuff from like The O.C. or any of those stupid shows.

Ah, Harry Potter's getting his freak on. Not being caught up in the Harry Potter phenomenon I thought that Cho Chang was a reference to a Sports Night episode. Jeremy was advocating a change in the top story to a Chinese swimmer named Cho Chang that was swimming something and blah blah blah. OK, so I can't remember exactly what was said but it was interesting and I used that knowledge in a crossword puzzle once.


On a personal note, go-karting rocked. I wish I had more time to get used to driving one. I have a tendency to drive a certain way. On the first lap I couldn't quite reach the pedals and had a difficult time steering. Add in the fact that I was used to driving my car, I did not do very well. In fact I did poorly. The second time though I adjusted the pedals and could reach the steering wheel better, so I did a lot better. However, there were lots of caution flags and my time suffered from those as well. The downside was that when I got in my car, I was still in the go-karting mindframe and thought that my car would handle like one which is a bad thing in a town filled with roundabouts. I didn't wreck or anything but when you take a roundabout at 35mph when the suggested speed is 15 you get some interesting results. I laughed it off and focused on staying alive.

No comments: