Friday, December 29, 2006

check yoself

There's J-Pop, K-Pop, J-Rap. So what would this be called? A-Rap? Arabic rap music. Or maybe, Arap. Looks nice, but I don't know.

Amateurs. I'm going to laugh a lot about this guy. This is why the Germans lost the war. What a moron. I know that English is a difficult langauge to master, it's rated a Level-4 (1 being the easiest) language. While researching airport codes I can see how someone could mistaken SDY (Sidney, Montana Richland Municipal) for BWU (Sydney, Australia Bankstown) or whichever airport in Sydney. To add insult to injury, he was more or less dressed for summer. Ha! Stuck in Montana in winter with only summer attire. Idiot.
Now these things have happened to me, but on seperate occasions. Once, I boarded the wrong plane but got off before the doors closed. Another time I had a two-hour layover somewhere in Nova Scotia only wearing my desert uniform. It was our return trip from Iraq, we left Balad on a C-17. We made a stop in Germany and it was cold but in Canada there was snow on the ground, apparently our desert uniforms weren't designed with cold weather in mind. Huh. And there wasn't a bus and the plane can't dock like a normal plane. So we had to walk a few hundred yards from the tarmac to the terminal. OK, so we didn't walk. It was more of a sprint to save our lives.

In a story that just proves that you're not safe anywhere, don't be caught off guard in your living room. Which is one of the benefits of living on the 2nd floor of an apartment building. High enough to avoid cars, but low enough to avoid planes.

Hello? 911? Yeah, a carjacker called 911 to report a crime he had committed. So I'm not going to rag on this guy, because he did the right thing by calling it in. Instead, I'm going to focus my attention on the owner of the vehicle. So according to the interview, Ashlee, the owner, was with her three friends at an exit off the freeway when the suspect approached the vehicle and demanded they get out. Even by her own account, he didn't have a weapon. Unless you consider being black a weapon. He was kinda dark, probably at night all you could see were his eyes and teeth that's a little scary. Still, you'd have to produce a weapon of some sort to get me to relinquish my car. Otherwise I say just drive off. If you get out of your car just because some guy tells you to, you deserve to have your car stolen.

Ah, Mother Nature's technological spin on selective genocide. Or as I call it, the slow and the dumb. Intersections that take people's lives. Yeah, I feel bad when kids die but this isn't one of those times. Sorry, but slow and dumb kids that grow up eventually have slow and dumb kids of their own, thus bogging down the rest of us. Or even this story I can't feel sad about. A single car rollover accident where speed and alcohol were a factor. Where's the sadness in that? Actually, I'm grateful. Specifically at the fact that this was a single car accident. Good for them, at least they didn't involve other people in their death move.

No comments: