Friday, December 29, 2006

It's so quiet...

You may have noticed there's no title for this entry. Well, there's a reason. I'm batting 0-2 today with electronics. It started even before I got in to work today. I put my iPod in my jacket pocket before exiting my car like always. As I'm getting out the iPod takes a small drop onto the ground. I haven't even gotten out of the car, my legs are just swung over. Eh, not the first time I've dropped it and it's in its case so not a big deal. While still sitting down I pick up the iPod and put it back in my jacket. When I stood up it fell out again (oh yeah) but this time from waist height.
The second instance was fixing my coworker's battery charger for his camera. Checked the coils, they're OK (took me two weeks to find the tools to do this) so I replaced the fuse. I checked it with the charger disassembled, only the plugs remained, and it worked. Light comes on, OK so it's charging. Take it off and reassemble, check it once more. Light does not come on. Crap. Disassemble and check fuse again. Nope, still good but to be on the safe side, replace it. I got a four pack of fuses. Still doesn't light up. Oh well, he needs it and he has a replacement charger anyway it just takes longer to charge. Fine, reassemble with the warning 'theortically it works' because he doesn't know if the battery is already charged and doesn't remember if the light goes out anyway when the battery's fully charged.
So back to why there's no title. I tried something different for the month of December, all of my titles were song titles that I got off of my iPod. Put iPod on shuffle and press play. Title that pops up, use as title in blog. No iPod, no title.
The hard reset of the iPod isn't working, but I'm hoping that plugging it back into my laptop (at home) will reset it. I'd hate for this thing to be broken (again). This will be my 6th iPod in less than 3 years. Granted I started out on a 20GB which broke twice. Second time it broke I bought the 60GB. That broke within a month, got a new one. That one broke 6 months later, but they were able to fix it. I also got a 1GB iPod Shuffle that I was using for when I exercised. The 4G 60GB iPod is just too big to lug around the weight room.
I'm optimist about the idea that the iPod isn't really broken and the charger that 'theortically should work' actually works. I'd hate to end 2006 in such a low electronics note.

No comments: