Saturday, December 23, 2006

my own worse enemy

OK. So there may be a chance that I'm slightly retarded. OK, I am slightly retarded. Wait until the end to laugh, otherwise you won't learn anything.

Last week I bought shop towels. Good idea since I'm getting my hands dirty working on my car. So we're agreed that shop towels are a good idea.
This past week I've been working on my car interior inside of my apartment. Fiberglass, plastic dust and other things are all floating around and are now sticking to surfaces. Basically I've got dirty clothes that I haven't worn yet.
I was planning on washing the shop towels separately because they're red.
Ah, yes, I see that glimmer in your eye and you know where this heading but without laughing you're waiting for me to say it.
When I got off of work, I'd change immediately from my work clothes to my 'play' clothes to work on my car. Jeans and a crappy t-shirt. I would toss my regular clothes into the washer, bypassing the laundry hamper and sadly, right on top of my shop towels. Today I washed my clothes, a full load, including the red shop towels. Now I'm drying a bunch of pink stuff.
Is that what you wanted to hear? Me admitting that I'm retarded? At least I know that I am.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

the first step to recovery is acknowledging you have a problem. unfortunately i don't think you can recover from ... whatever you've got.

just keeding.

merry christmas ...

Dan said...

that's what they tell me at my meetings.

thanks.