Friday, January 19, 2007

boss of me

Ah, kids. Is there anything better? Yeah sure you just want to smack attitude right off them sometimes but you refrain. They get out of control too, but is that your fault or the kid's? This should be on a show called 'Kids Do the Darnest Things.' This kid rocks. I want to party with him. Not only did he steal a car and drive himself to the airport but he also managed to get on a plane, not once but twice. He made it all the way to San Antonio. Apparently he had family somewhere near Dallas because he tried to get a connecting flight from San Antonio to Dallas and that's where police caught up with him. Awesome. That kid was motivated. Me? When I've ran away in the past, the farthest I've gotten to is my cousins in Pearl City. But this kid made it from Seattle to San Antonio, overcoming obstacles without money. Need to get to the airport? No problem, steal a car. Need to get to Texas? No problem, get a connecting flight through Phoenix.

"YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!" I think I remember using this one, once. We're sitting down to dinner, the food was yet to be served and my mom told me to go wash my hands. To which I replied, "You're not the boss of me." My parents said OK, and went to get their food. Yup, no food for me. So we cut a deal, they provide for me, and I do what they tell me to do. Worked out pretty good. Never went hungry.

The headline read, 'Too scared to flee.' A better headline would've been 'Too stupid to flee.' Or perhaps he didn't want to leave. Was he going to school? Because I assume that there's some paperwork that has to be submitted, transfers from previous school or something. So let's assume he didn't. Well, basically, it was 4 years of summer vacation. Give me a TV and a Playstation 2, lots of games, and I'd stay there too. Hmm, if I go home I'll probably have to go back to school and school sucks, so nah, I'll just stay here. The funny thing is he's going to be the oldest 6th grader in school.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

i read that no, he wasn't going to school. but the guy did let him out of the house on a regular basis, so ... yeah, being that he was old enough to know he'd been abducted, why didn't you run like hell? is a reasonable question.

geez, back at home for less than a month and already been on oprah's couch ...