Friday, February 23, 2007

angel

I'm not exactly sure why it was necessary to blow up two CD players. The details are fuzzy. Could be a ploy by the police to flush out the suspects. I don't know, I won't speculate any further.

In another case where the "solution" can actually be worse than the "problem." ADHD drugs can cause heart and mental problems. Huh. I guess that's worth the risk right? What happened to ADD? Now it's ADHD?

You know, I don't have anything against cluster bombs. They're good peoples. Need to take out a large area of targets? Cluster bombs solve the problem. What I don't understand is why Human Rights Watch and the Cluster Munition Coalition are concerned about shoving hundreds of little bomblets into artillery shells, missiles, and bombs. Yeah, I call it selective reading. I just skip right over the UXO (unexploded ordanance).
On a serious note though, I don't like war and I don't like violence but all of these restrictions on what we can use and what we can't use in war is silly. The primary objective of war is the win. It sucks but I want to win. Don't tell me before a fight that I can't punch with my dominant hand, nor can I strike the face or below the waist, the side or back. It makes it more interesting but more difficult the achieve the desired results. There's a lot of collateral damage in wars, now cluster bombs or anti-personnel landmines inflict physical damage. What's not seen is what happens when a bomb kills a boy's father, now he has to grow up without a father-figure. Not as "bad" as losing an arm or leg you think? Who knows? Maybe in 10 or 20 years that kid grows up to be a bomb maker and detonates a nuke in L.A. (thanks 24) now that's a lot of collateral damage. From one bomb that did kill its intended target.
There's more, but sadly, I've got to get to work.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

can't we all just use our words?

Dan said...

you'd think that wouldn't you?