Tuesday, March 06, 2007

sine, cosine, and tangent

There's an old Army saying, your new unit is never as good as your old unit. I can't say for sure, but I think that's the case here. Granted I'm talking about going from an active duty unit to a reserve unit, but still...
Here's the deal. We're supposed to go fire our weapons this upcoming drill. I've known about this for months so the people that are in-charge have probably known about it longer than that. Maybe not much longer, but you'd think they know what they're doing. Right? Obviously from my tone you can conclude that they don't.
OK. Here's what we were told last month. Be at the company area at 0200hrs Friday. I'm not happy about it but its a necessary evil. I get a call last week telling me that the drill has been moved up a week. Great, I just told my boss which weekend I was going to be away. Now I've got to tell him something different? Fine. I get that out of the way. Oh wait though, I get a call a little bit later, it's been changed back to the original weekend, but instead of 0200hrs it's now 0300hrs. Yay! An extra hour! But now I have to tell my boss forget what I just said and remember what I originally said a month ago. Now I get a call, now its 0330hrs. What is really going on? Is it 0300hrs? 0200hrs? Which Friday? Damnit, make up your mind! Or I swear I'm going to choke someone.

No comments: