Thursday, March 29, 2007

white flag

Same news. Teachers having sex with students. Seriously though, is there just something wrong with them? Has this always been a problem, just one that wasn't publicized? Like the whole Catholic priest scandal? Whew. I liked it when I was ignorantly blissful.

I think we're just regurigating news stories here. How or why would any girl abandon a baby in a truck try, let alone do this three times. Seriously, take advantage of the law. Drop the kid off at a fire station. Like the days of ol', leave baby on doorstep, ring doorbell, run like hell. Instead she opted for the parked pickups and a bench. I say find her, charge her with two attempts of pre-mediated murder, and one 1st degree murder charge, plus a whole slew of other things. Then give her the electric chair.

I understand the drama of a life sentence but in modern times can't we find a better way to say things like life plus 30 years? To me I imagine the prisoner dies in jail, then for the next 30 years they keep the corpse in the cell. I realize it's a life sentence, eligible for parole after a certain amount of time but then it's not a life sentence. *shrug* I don't understand it.

No comments: