Monday, April 02, 2007

roll out

Two weeks ago I did my taxes and did the whole eFile thing, according to the rumor it takes 6-9 days to get your federal tax return. Good, because I actually got a sizeable refund this year. So last week in anticipation of getting my tax refund I decided to spend the little cash I had on some items that I was going to get when I got my refund anyway. Problem = front speakers of car as old as car, do not work. Solution = buy new speakers. Well, after debating what size the speakers were (the book says they're 5 1/4, but I bought some and had to return them because they're the wrong size) we just took them out and carried one into Best Buy. After locating a set of speakers the right size and probably they right depth we go back. Uh-oh, not quite the right size but the speakers do come with a spacer so it made it OK. So what else could go wrong with this seemingly simple project? Oh, the speaker doesn't line up with the cradle so now the wires come loose from the speakers willy-nilly. Argh. So I was going to fix this problem on Saturday. Was actually going to re-wire all my speakers. Small projects to slowly replace the aging equipment. Only thing that could stop that? Rain delay. Now I don't mind the constant rain but it was very sporadic showers. One second it would be pouring down rain then next thing I know the sun's out evaporating the rain on the ground and it looks clear. Just as I collect my stuff to go work on my car it pours down again. It did this for several hours, but I gave up after the first time it did it to me. Had a good weekend though, good enough to take most of Sunday to recover.

No comments: