Friday, April 13, 2007

you're my soul and inspiration

Earlier this week I was doing some spring cleaning because it's spring. That and getting my Army stuff organized instead of a big pile of crap in the hallway closet. As I was cleaning I stumbled across the instructions for my inflatable bed. Well, I'm a guy, I don't read directions this stuff has been hardwired into my genetic code. Still, I took a break (I'd been working for like 5 minutes straight at this point!) and I read this helpful guide. Now the thing with inflatable mattresses is that you can't fill them to the brim with air, if you do you're cruisin' for a bruisin' and it'll burst on you. The directions tried to sound professional and technical, so instead of a warning saying do not inflat to maximum it said, "Inflat to 20% of desired firmness." I wonder how they came to that number. I wonder what person thinks of this. That whole thing stinks. 20% less is not my desired firmness. If my desire was to go to DisneyWorld and instead I go to Six Flags I haven't fulfilled my desires.

Haha. I thought for a second that this article was about the Army Reserves or National Guard. More commonly referred to as "weekend warriors" by the active component.

Mmm, tastes like chicken.

Forgive me for prying, but cry me a river. You took a helicopter from Manhattan? Oh boo hoo. Rich people having to spend money. Poor rich people! I'm glad he got double-billed for it too for being such a whiner.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

Even if an overinflated inflatable bed doesn't explode, the feeling that I'm about the roll the hell off is unsettling enough.

Dan said...

it's comfy tho.