Sunday, June 17, 2007

tomato ketchup

OK, I went to go see Knocked Up with Katherine Heigl and not the 2004 film with the same name and basic plot. I saw it with Joe and Heidi, but that's not the point. The point is that before we went to see the movie we went to Chili's for lunch. Well, that's not the whole point; it's was during lunch when I looked over to the condiments and noticed the Tomato Ketchup container. Tomato Ketchup. Tomato. Ketchup. I always assumed that ketchup was synonymous with tomato. I didn't realize that you had to modify ketchup with tomato. Are they making other varieties of ketchup? Zuccini ketchup? Cucumber ketchup? It's all so confusing. And if you're thinking about bringing up the "Heinz 57" theory, don't bother.

It just irks me, just like people that say, "ATM machine." Uh, dumbass? ATM stands for Automated Teller Machine, so basically you're telling me you're going to the automated teller machine machine. Who are you? Tommy Two-Times? (Goodfellas reference).

And for some lucky girl? This is part of my marriage proposal plan. It's not an empty box but it should be unique enough.

No comments: