Wednesday, July 25, 2007

rockafeller skank

Swarley is one of my favorite HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother) episodes. Not because it marks the return of Marshall and Lily as a couple or for Morena Baccarin's appearance (though rest assured it didn't hurt). No, I speak from the heart when I say this. I just loved how the writers and producers just focused on driving in Barney's new nickname Swarley. It's one of those things I want to do at least once in my life. Not only did they drive it in but they did it creatively; phone calls and alternative names to Swarley (obvious), a radio dedication (less obvious), and magazine subscriptions (awesome). All of this was amplified by the fact that Barney was against the idea, he even tried to use reverse psychology to no avail, to get people to stop calling him Swarley.
In case you were wondering on the pronunciation of Swarley, it's like Bob Marley; as in Bob Swarley mon. Watch an episode for yourself and see. It's this week's episode.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

I never watched the show before the Swarley ep, which just happened to be on as I was flipping channels the other night. It was funny as hell. The older I get, the funnier I find slapstick - physical, verbal, whatever. Yesterday somebody almost fell down in front of me and it was all I could do not to literally roll on the floor laughing. Join me on the road to hell?

Dan said...

join you? please, i frequent it so much they made me the tour guide. i only wish you had cable, you're missing out on so much fun!