Friday, August 24, 2007

favor the bold

I've always felt that criminal justice system could use some help. In particular, the sentencing portion. Favor the victim. That's what I believe. I mean, how can someone impartial assign punishment effectively? So someone broke into your house and stole some things. B&E and robbery will get you probably about 2-5 years if it was your first offense, meaning you could be out in a few months. Now what if they stole the urn with your grandfather's ashes and afterwards ditched it because it was basically worthless? Your grandfather's ashes are now spread throughout the lower east-side. What is that worth to you? A few months in jail?
Now I don't think everything should be on the table, but modify the current sentencing and offer it to the victim. They can choose how long the criminal spends in jail, not the jury. If you don't want to have him go to jail that's fine. Let the victim choose.

Catchy name. Not sure I'm liking what the story means but at least I was entertained for a minute or so.

You know, I was wondering what I should do with my two-weeks off. This sounds fun. I mean, paying someone $40 per half-hour to hear what my mom thinks of my life! Eh, maybe if it was with the Ghost Whisperer.

So it begins. Hopefully this means the end of the crap reality-TV shows. Please, oh please. Die and fail like Miss Teen South Carolina's answer to why some American teens can't point to the USA on a map. Somehow she ended up in South Africa and Iraq. Oi vay!

This isn't it ironic moment is brought to you by... oh who cares.

Not sure what to make of this. From a criminal justice prospective, assault with a grape is worth about $250 and 6 months of unsupervised probation. The other side is, Agnes? What is she? 60? 70? It's like a guy named Murray.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

the death halted the competition?! NO WAY!!