Monday, August 06, 2007

one

Mind over the stomach I guess. Maybe we should attempt this on other items as well. Too bad we can't wrap an education around a McDonald's wrapper. Of course it was conducted with preschoolers so they're easily tricked. I mean they still fall for the detachable thumb trick, of course they scream and freak out but I guess the same could be said about the carrots in McD wrappers. And what does that say with the health of our kids when they go all Pavlov's doggie when they see them?

I remember when I thought it was the coolest thing when my mom's Maxima gave a verbal warning when the door was open. "The door is ajar." Now it says, "You are drunk." Cool. Bad for drunk drivers. Good for the taxi business.

Evil moment: A technological twist to natural selection. The kid that gets ran over by the car doesn't live on to reproduce other children that are less aware of their surroundings. I feel sorry that it had to be a kid to teach this lesson, but we're not letting the shallow end of the gene pool go away. Instead we're trying to keep them around for all the wrong reasons.

I know what they're trying to say, but the way they say it, they make it sounds as if the breast implants were the source of the suicides. When in actuality is should be the mentality of the people that get them, their reasons for increasing their breast size. Not like "Oh cool, I got breast implants. I should go kill myself now."

Like the scarlett 'A' to shame women, Hello Kitty armbands to shame police officers in their offices. Humiliation has to be public though, but you can't undermine the cop's authority.

Mahjong epilepsy? Really? Huh. Not related to the stress of the game, but the actual game itself. Weird. So does it happen when they play the game or when they just hold the tiles? Because if it just happens when play the game, then it's not the tiles.

Stupid bounces.

No comments: