Monday, September 03, 2007

good riddance

Like RLS or any other sleep aid I wonder about the US. Are we becoming that lazy? Yes, I believe that there's a small percentage of people out there that need the medication to help them go to sleep, but for the rest of them they are too lazy and want a quick fix which doctors are only too happy to accomodate.
"I can't get to sleep!" Oh really? Go for a run (a few miles, 10 or so) and come back then tell me you're not tired. Sweaty too, but you'll be tired and then BANG! like a sleeping pill you're fast asleep.
Ambien CR is one of the "sleep aids" people can take. Non-naroctic, but still filled with its own set of problems. One of the adverse side-effects of a sleep aid is sleepiness? Oh heavens! That's like saying a side-effect of cough medicine is the sudden disappearance of coughing! Not all side-effects are this severe though. This side-effect was also observed after the subject took the medication. MEMORY LOSS! Sweet Jesus! No! They're asleep and can't remember? Run for the hills!!!
In the fine print at the bottom of the page it says that sleepwalking, eating, or driving while not fully awake, with amnesia for the event, have been reported. I don't sleepwalk, but if I did I'm sure I wouldn't remember and I wouldn't attribute amnesia to the cause of that. I wonder if there was one case where the guy sleptwalked to the car, got in, drove to McDonald's, came back, ate it, and then woke up in bed with half an Egg McMuffin next to him and just didn't know how the hell that happened.
And the great thing too is that the withdrawl symptoms of Ambien CR are just like crack or any other illegal drug out there. Vomiting, nausea, cramps, and the shakes. Unpleasant feelings? What the hell does that mean? I guess that's better than describing it as "something."

No comments: