Monday, September 03, 2007

standard options

Weekend recap: Helped my friend Joe move on Saturday. He didn't move very far, just to the other side of his apartment complex. Still had fun, and worked for food. I need to go back and fix his surround sound. Keeps cutting out for no reason.
Most of Sunday was spent with family in Ohio. Had my cousin's local wedding reception. Lots of family. Lots and lots. Met some of the new family too. Then got to see some of my newest cousins. Good fun, a little tired from running around with the kids.


Represent! 5.17lbs of wings! Geez! On a good day I could eat maybe 20. There's no way I could eat 173. In fact, I don't think I've had 173 in the last few years.

I'm worried about when the media focuses so intently on a particular subject. Not to say that it is a subject that doesn't merit concern, but to put it one after another? The psychology of it (to me) just screams that there's a rampant problem. Like they all got together at the annual convention and decided, sure let's all do it at the same time! Conspiracy?

Is it PC to call them terminally-ill? How about life-challenged or health-impaired? That's cool, but do you really think they want a camp? Wouldn't that money be better spent on... oh, say A CURE?

Steal a bridge? That seems like a cheesy plot from a James Bond-type movie. Maybe Austin Powers?

No comments: