Tuesday, September 11, 2007

last request

OK. I've got to get this off my chest. School. Now I've got nothing against it. Good place. Place to learn, to make friends, and all that good stuff. Today was my first day back, had two weeks off, I enjoyed it. Now there's a sign on the library door that says that I can't bring in food or drinks. I understand the policy behind it, I just don't happen to agree with it. I mean, personally, I've led men into combat, gathered intelligence crucial to the war, been shot at, and blown up. All of which I've done successfully (if you're wondering) and yet I can't be trusted with a water in a twist-top container around a computer? Just because some moron with a sub-zero IQ can't handle something as difficult as water doesn't mean other people should suffer too. People, take the training wheels off, it's time to ride or fall down. Can't spend your entire life with floaties on your arms in case of emergency, either you can or you can't. If you can't, good, then you won't be able to pass on your defective genetic material to the next generation.
Secondly, since this was my first day back I needed to get the books for my classes this quarter. I showed up early because I needed to turn in some financial aid stuff. I had my class schedule but I needed a stamp from the financial aid office in order to pick up my books. OK, well, how hard is that? The bookstore was open, the financial aid people had enough time to fall off chairs, so I asked. I was told no. When I inquired why I was told, "because it wouldn't be fair to the other students." I stopped right there because if I continued that argument would only end with a gunshot. WHAT? What the hell does getting my books now instead a little bit later have to do with fair? Oh, I'm sorry, am I not contributing to the massive traffic jam later? My bad. I thought that I would alleviate some of the traffic by doing my "fair" share now. And no, there wasn't any shortage of books for my particular classes, oh, so someone that wasn't doing anything would have to cross my name off a list? I'm sorry, I thought that was part of your job. Hey, if you want I can do it for you. People some times. Think about the Big Picture. "It is the policy of the school." Isn't a good answer either.

Just look at this. I mean I'd get fired for violating that policy any day. There are things that are just plain stupid and don't need to be followed. Yes, I'm all for abiding by the laws. Most of them are in place to protect the people, the rest are just made up by a bunch of morons that I elect not to listen to. Don't call 911? For any reason? What the hell is that all about? Uh, guess what, I'm breaking that policy when I feel it is necessary.

Not what I was expecting but maybe that's just because my mind was in the gutter. Interesting. First students, now the babysitter? At least the kid was honest.

I love it when governments don't give details. No military nomenclature? No test date? No additional information about the explosives? Look, in my mind I tested this new bomb that was 4x as big as the MOAB that used this new explosive, but I haven't named it nor have I even bothered to do it in real life. C'mon, what's the point of having this bad-ass bomb if no one believes you?

Agreed. This guy got what he deserved. Dude, that's like walking around New York City earlier today wearing a white t-shirt with "Terrorist" printed on it. Who'd blame anyone for beating the crap out of them?

To answer this young woman's question. No, flowers in the background aren't props, it's "background" that's why it is the description. Yes, the tree is a prop. Good eye. For someone that's interested in acting, you sure can't discern between the two can you? That's OK, as long as you're pretty no one cares about the gray matter between your ears.

No comments: