Monday, September 10, 2007

not so glorious

I supposed one could call it admirable. Like commending a serial rapist for his diligent efforts of stalking and hunting down his victims, his dedication to his hobby... Right? I mean, that takes a lot of work. Probably more than us "law-abiding" types would ever know about.

In a bit of randomness, on my part, I declared "what happened to Salt-N-Pepa?" I was knee deep in a discussion with friends that I didn't want to be in, so I changed the subject (correction: I attempted to change the subject) with one of my random questions. Of course a week later I get my answer.

OK, I'm making fun of the disease because I can. A 67 year-old has been battling RLS for 50 years? First, either both of them are just lame or second, it's not that serious. What if someone had been misdiagnosed with diabetes? You think they'd survive battling it for 50 years? Nope, drop dead within the first few years. Or maybe a malignant brain tumor? 50 years with a brain tumor. Listen people, RLS is the least of your worries.

Talk about mis-managing resources. A crime lab is involved? Someone jailed? Really? You know what, this just goes to show that bad things happen to nice people. She wouldn't have been charged with anything had she elected to "remain silent" but instead she did the right thing and told the truth. Now she'll have to go to court. I hope it gets tossed out. To go through all of that when you did the right thing? I guess morality and legality aren't the same in this case.

Old people are just cracking me up today. Especially because they took on a 20 year-old would-be burglar. This kid, trying to be cool worn baggy pants to the robbery. And what happens? Loses his shirt, followed by pants and underwear, and shoes before leaving the scene. Will be known in prison as the Naked Robber.

Either she is one HOTT 65 year-old or the clerk is a complete moron. Could be both, but how do you card a 65yo? See, those undercover stings makes things harder for these 65yo's.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

as if that whole nowak story wasn't weird enough, now an actual respected former astronaut calls her actions admirable? i'd say "oddly awe-inspiring" at best, and even then, only to those who aspire to be freaks.