Thursday, October 04, 2007

me, me, me, me, me

So yesterday I got to hold my nephew for the first time! Yay! Yeah, I know, it's a girly emotion but I can't help it. We had a long time, well, I guess I did most of the talking. Plus, he fell asleep through my speech.

Today, I took the TSA entry test. It was supposed to take approximately 2.5hrs but I got it done in 45 minutes. I didn't do well in one of the sections and there were only two sections... so. At the end of the test the friendly computer screen told me that I would find out how I did within a week. True to their word, about nine hours later I got an email that said I passed the exam. Huh. It was graded that quickly? What the hell were they basing the results on? The attendance? FYI, yeah, I got to look at pictures of the x-rays of luggages. And I got to say, I have no idea what I was looking at. I have no idea what the hell they're looking at when they watch that screen. Seriously!

So tonight in my criminal justice class, we had to use the computer to find a news story and do a reverse police incident report on it. Of course we'd have to make up some of the details but the idea was to get us used to the form used. Being me, I found a great story to reverse an incident report. However, my friend found one this one and I suggested that instead of making it an incident report, make it an arrest report. Hehe. Mr. Potatohead got arrested.

You know you've hit rock bottom when Sinead O'Connor feels sorry for you.

Boy, who'd think that deaf kids could be so cruel? And you know what's worse? All I can picture is the deaf kids laughing... you know that funny way that they laugh because they can't hear themselves.

Haha. Sorry, the primary headline read "China Winning Moon Race." And I thought... wait, it is 1967? Wouldn't it be great if Neil left a note up there? "Been there, done that." And then the Chinese found it? Ha!

Things to die for. Which is not funny, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that they were black. What? Not because it was a violent crime! Geez you racist! I'm going off the names.

Local news: There are a lot worse things in the world than this. Throwing a picture? Geez! What would happen if it was a hand grenade? OK, it was an "explicit" but oh my!

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

congrats! on the uncle thing and passing the TSA test. although i have to say, i don't feel all that safe knowing that you don't know what the hell you're looking at!!!

Dan said...

THANKS! on all counts. well, hopefully they won't stick on my the x-ray machine my first day out.