Tuesday, January 29, 2008

it's my party

Not very inspiring is it? Then again, we're just figuring out how to balance security with convenience. I suppose we could strip search every passenger, that'd be safe, but it would suck. You'd have to show up a day before your flight, go through the embarassment of being strip searched and the airline industry would suffer. I don't have a solution yet, but I'm forming one.

Well, more on this now. So if the parent isn't to blame, then who is? I'm almost certain that the baby didn't nuke itself. Is that a hard leap to take? Did a 1-month old baby set the microwave, climb in, shut the down, and then powered it up? No. So who's to blame? This isn't a blameless crime, someone's got to pay. And when she said that if she wasn't drunk then her baby wouldn't have died. Truer words were never spoken. If she didn't get drunk she probably wouldn't have gotten pregnant. Tell you what, some people should be sterlized.

Peek-a-boo? Really? That's the defense they presented? How does the game involve a stun gun? The game hasn't changed much since I played it and there was no stun gun involved back then. There's also the partial defense of trying to shift the blame to the mother, which I thought was very noble of him. I'm just glad the judge only took 20 minutes to decide that this was a bunch of crap.

I'd like to see the videotape of that robbery. Of course if I were the teller I'd be confused about the guy that was robbing me when he handed me the gun. Still, I don't think that he'll get much in way of punishment. Possible house arrest with a GPS ankle bracelet. C'mon, you can't send the 72 year old guy to a federal "pound-you-in-the-ass" prison. Sure he robbed the bank using a gun, but he gave it back almost immediately. That's got to count for something.

That's gay. Offering $5 plus pills to kill someone? That's a well-thought out plan. Plus, the whole thing was to be with another guy? Gay crime is on the rise people, it was just a matter of time. And as far as the $500,000 bond, that's a bit excessive. Do you think if he could afford a half-million dollar bond he'd pay a cop $5 to kill someone?

Possession of a weapon of mass destruction? That's the charge? It was a modified .45 pistol. Not a biological agent. Hey, if it's true then in accordance with the PATRIOT Act you don't actually have to give him a trial, just cart him off to Gitmo. If you've got a WMD then you should be classified as a terrorist.

No comments: