Thursday, May 22, 2008

not my calling

So this week has been a strange one. My buddy decided at the last minute that he wants tuxs. Did I spell that right? So no big deal. I just have to pick up mine, his and the best man's. I mean, it's not like it's the last week of the quarter and I've got all these projects due.
Pfft. It's not like he asked me to do the music too. Oh wait. Yeah. I'm doing the whole music for the wedding. You wouldn't believe how much has to go into just planning the music. Prelude, Processional, Recessional, Reception, and the whole thing. Wow, is there alot. Somehow I've been promoted from groomsman to deejay.
Sidenote, somehow in the joking around with the musical selection, I managed to convince the bride and groom to use the Top Gun intro for the bridal march. I WAS JOKING! and somehow it made the list. Seriously! OK. It's not like I'm taking care of the lighting too. Wait a sec...

Also, I found out something weird about my bank. I can go in, deposit money, inquire about my statement, and do any number of things. Except withdraw from my account. Oh, I can withdraw but they'd charge me a dollar! A frickin' dollar to withdraw money from my own account? I wanted to withdraw money for the wedding, hundreds. The teller suggested I go out to the ATM and pull out the money there, then come back in so they can change the 20's into 100's. Grr. When did withdrawing money become so hard?

3 comments:

damned_cat said...

1) You are banking with the wrong institution. A dollar to use your own money? F*ck them.

2) It seems that weddign planning IS your calling. Music is huge! I wouldn't trust it to anyone but the most competent of my friends!

3) Tuxes at the last minute? Insane much?

4) Post pics when you have 'em. You're gonna be a wedding pro before me!

damned_cat said...

PS I wanted our first dance to be "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" (Jets) .. haha, just kidding. Sort of.

Dan said...

1) i know. i'm going to be switching banks soon.

2) i know it's huge! that's why i was surprised they asked me to do it.
to be fair though, i'm the guy at the bar that says, "oh. cool song. it came out this year, off this album. blah blah."

3) yeah, but it's rentals and they just need sizes. not a huge deal.

4) they'll be on myspace. and i don't want to be a wedding pro. i'm just thorough.

and don't ask me to do the music. well, ok. you can ask. just let me get through my debut as a deejay this weekend.