Tuesday, July 29, 2008

not at all

Even though she's not very smart, she seems really talented. Yup, big talents. Two of them. Boy does she have a mouth on her, the foul language that spewed from them. Yesh. And yes, I'm still thinking about her talents.

"Oops, we're sorry." Doesn't seem to cover it, but it's a start. Plus, it's public record which I guess is the point. Now I don't agree that the federal government should apologize for laws enacted by the South, but they should probably apologize for giving states that kind of power. Wait, that sounds bad. No, I think the states should apologize for that. It's pretty much their fault, but I think a few more hurricanes should make things even.

So I thought of one plausible possibility to support this woman's story. Yeah, it's one defense: the kidnappers gave her the "don't call the police" threat. It's wafer-thin, but maybe... unless she claims that she's retarded which I'd believe that.

Here's another story of not charging a person to the full extent of their crimes. Killing someone is somehow reduced to fleeing the scene? How can you not charge her with murder. She got out and checked on him THEN fled the scene. What? She was driving to the hospital to get help? I could see a jury letting her go free on that argument.

No comments: