Sunday, October 12, 2008

weekend kumite

Photobucket  Well, this weekend I attempted to clean my bathroom.  It was more like a full-contact fight because I haven't "cleaned" my bathroom except for the random trash taking out. In anticipation I spent some money on the necessary items. Scrubbing Bubbles, scour pads, and power tools. OK, I didn't buy the power tools since I already owned them but I did bring it into the fight. I was tempted to bring in the circular saw to end it all but I think that was a bit too extreme. Still, the point of the power tools was to help me disassemble some things in order to clean them better. I know what you're going to say, that's it's a bit extreme but that's my OCD.

Photobucket  I tried my best, but I was set back by the poor air circulation of my apartment. I had to take a number of breaks and I needed to get other things done. So I ended the match in a draw. I managed to clean the big items (toilet, shower, sink, floors, walls) but I didn't hit all of the details.

Photobucket  In addition to cleaning my bathroom, I put the varnish on the nightstand that W helped me build. Of course by "help," I mean he only measured out the pieces, cut them out, screwed them together and I helped him. I wired up a power strip to the nightstand for all of my daily electronics (phone, camera, & iPod). I also began the difficult task of inputting my entire DVD collection into my Macbook. This other task would be helpful except for the fact that I own over 590 titles. I am discovering that I have several duplicates, which I'm not proud of; plus there are a few DVDs that I didn't even know that I owned.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

woo! good job! esp w/the varnish. so, are you still high as a kite??