Thursday, November 13, 2008

narf

Not exactly the same pain. Sure sometimes a person can feel like that, but really a gunshot wound (and death) isn't exactly the same type of pain like not being friends anymore. Yeah, not a big fan of gun violence or school violence. I'm surprised she hit something, most amateurs usually miss.

That's just disturbing. Not that I know what the exact stats are on foots that wash up on a shore anyway but I can't imagine that it's very high and certainly in that concentration is disturbing. Maybe there's some sort of undertow that has to be factored in. Remind me never to walk on the beach up on British Columbia, because I really don't want to see a shoe wash up. I know I'd be curious enough to look and see if there's a foot. I wonder if authorities put up a sign, "Warning: shoes may contain feet. Please take foot to local law enforcement."

And for my something political. Thank goodness it's about the money. Whew, I thought it was about equality for a second, but it's just about the money. Yup. Keep on truckin'.

OK. I'm not saying that it's funny because in that situation it is kinda just a reflex. It's a good thing. No, what I find hilarious is the description of the suspect. Really? You think that's not going to generate a lot of calls? Hey, I'm racist but you gave no identifiable features. Colored writing? Dark pants? Dark knit cap? Yeah, well I almost match that description.

From a legal aspect, I really don't think that's the spirit of the law. Yes, it's the letter of the law but dropping off a 17-year-old? Uh, yeah. That's just terrible, because I would've bolted long before that. How bad does a kid (or parent) have to be to use the Safe Haven law like that? 

No comments: