Monday, December 08, 2008

back at it

We all have voices in our head. Most of them have valid points and bring up good ideas. Listen to them. Like how can anyone think that this is a good idea? There's a reason why he's a registered sex offender. I hope that she's OK, that she's safely passed out in her apartment. Still, when you train to run a marathon you sometimes think "oh, what's the worse thing that can happen to me?" Uh, well. THIS! I'm not saying that you shouldn't run a marathon. I'm saying be smart about it. Don't get lost in the crowd. Take a friend, run together with other people. Listen to the voices, you know, unless they tell you to kill someone.

Well, we knew that this was coming but there are so many fond memories. I'll miss them, but they are a bit out of place since digital cameras hit the scene. Actually, I'm kinda surprised they lasted this long against them. I bid you adieu Polaroid cameras.

I sometimes wonder why I donate to the NSF, I mean if they're going to do "research" on things we already know and in frivolous things I don't think I want to donate next year. I learned this is elementary school, a smile is contagious. Then I learned that it's not how many friends you have but the quality of friends. Both of these facts are known, but it takes research to realize that this applies to social networks too? Geez. I don't like the idea that is postulated at the end of the article. Basically you're saying that fat people have fat friends because they're fat. Can't have fat people interacting with the skinnies, nope that would be social suicide. 

Hey, I'm not knocking the idea. In fact, I think it's a good thing. Selling your hair to a company. Yeah, that's good stuff. Medical trials? Definitely, there's only so much research can do and at some point you need to test it on humans. Buying gold? Ha! That's just taking advantage of stupid people. Cash fluctuates, but gold is a better currency. Swindle the poor and stupid people. Good. The one thing I don't like is the guy that became a professional lab rat. Not the fact that he's putting experimental drugs into his system. Like I said, at some point we have to do that; I understand that. No, what I think is moronic is taking financial advice from a homeless person. Yeah I suppose it's like learning how to use a chainsaw from a guy with 8 fingers, but at the same time it makes you wonder if he's teaching your the right thing.

No comments: